Feel free to use the basic curry base with whatever ingredients you like and on this occasion, i've chosen to use aubergine, butter beans and pea. I've previously used sweet potatoes, spinach, chickpeas for a delicious and easy dish too!
So what's your favourite store cupboard essential?
Ingredients (Inspired from Love Food Eat)
1 big thumb of ginger
3 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of curry powder
1 tablespoon of tumeric
1 tin of canned chopped tomatoes
1/2 tin of coconut milk
1 aubergine (chopped into big chunks)
1 tin of butter beans
1 cup of frozen peas (thawed)
2 tablespoon of oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Coriander to garnish
1) Place ginger, garlic, shallot, curry powder, tumeric and chopped tomatoes into a blender. Blend them all up into a smooth paste.
2) Heat oil in a heavy bottom pot and cook the paste for a few minutes until fragrant.
3) Add coconut milk and aubergine. Simmer until aubergine is soft.
4) Add butter beans and cook for about 1 min.
5) Finally add the peas and cook for a further 2 mins.
6) Season to taste. Garnish with coriander and serve.