Foodbuzz

Wednesday 27 July 2011

The Birth of Peaches and Donuts!!

Pin It!

Why the name Peaches and Donuts?? Well... I love donuts and donut peaches too!!!:D 
only discovered donut peaches when I came over to the UK and I am now hooked! I'm always looking forward to June/July when it's in season and am now gorging myself with them before they disappear for the year. Yes... I'm that greedy!

White fleshed Donut peaches are tastier than normal peaches as they are sweeter, less furry and the texture's a little more crunchy which I prefer. Another good thing about them is that the flesh doesn't get stuck to the stone which is a big plus point for me! Being so cute looking doesn't hurt as well! haha So give it a go if you come across it and I certainly hope you'll like them too! :)


If you are feeling little more adventurous, try making some Donut peaches donuts...yes, you read it right...Donut peaches donuts..... I recently came across this recipe so here it is for those who are interested. Am sure it'll be delicious!!Enjoy!!



7 comments:

  1. They are sure drool inducing! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, they are delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these peaches! Never tried before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you'll have to try it and try it soon as i think the season is going to be over. there's also donut nectarines available now so check those out too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, I love these. In salads with prosciutto and goat's curd. Outrageously good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a really delicious combination!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I've never heard of these but they sound like the perfect improvement of an ordinary peach!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...